.© 2010 Biltmore Domicile: Sofas sur mesure et plus. Tout droits réservés.
Biltmore Domicile is your source for custom furniture.We are custom sofa experts. We feel the need to update constantly without dismissing the importance of what has been done in the past. Our furniture line is based on quality, versatility and its ability to withstand the test of time. Our custom sofas are timeless yet fresh and always with a touch of classicism. With the changing tastes of people living in a world heavily influenced by media trends, and the rapidly evolving demographics in Canada, at Biltmore Domicile we are standing on firm ground in spite of the severe economic scenario of our time.
Today, we can proudly say thanks to our loyal clientele, who are returning for first, second and third servings from our delightful hors d’oeuvres tray of sofas. Our canapés, no pun intended, are de rigueur in a den for grown ups or in a start up apartment for a savvy young shopper. Our price point allows us to accommodate a variety of buyers with discerning budgets because we manufacture and sell the product without intermediaries.
Our company has been around for over 3 decades and yet again we stand on the threshold of a new one. With each passing decade the manufacturing sector has found itself without a raison d’etre in our country, especially the furniture manufacturing sector, which has been almost completely wiped out. We have been tempted to jump on the big box stores wagon and have our goods manufactured overseas, but we feel the quality and service would suffer and our clientele would have to morph from people who are looking for a unique product to those who are looking for a disposable product. Our ethical decision to stay put is based mainly on the fact that our sofas are built to last and therefore the impact on the environment is lessened.
Our manufacturing process is simple:
- Each piece is hand made to the designer’s specifications with much attention to detail
- The wood we use is Canadian hardwood from certified well managed forests
- Maple and other hardwoods are used to make our frames which are glued, corner blocked, screwed and doweled.
- Our seat suspensions are use-appropriate for each design: no-sag springs, drop-in coils, 8 way hand-tied web and coil springs or no seat suspensions at all for people with special needs.
- Our cushions and frames are filled and padded with high-density foam (2.3 lb/ft3), bio-foams (30 soy based), latex foam, and our most popular white goose down feathers.
- Fabrics, leathers and a vast array of innovative materials are used to upholster our furniture, for which our friendly design staff is happy to guide you though the process of choosing.
- Choosing the style of your sofa, from a standard to a custom sectional sofa, is as simple as coming to our showrooms and choosing from our standard frames or if you don’t see what you want have our designers draw up and render one for you and add that personal touch of whimsy if you so desire
- Slipcovers are available to change the look or just for practicality
- “The devil is on the details”: The legs on a sofa can really alter the look of a finished project. Choose from our modern Italian metal or wood leg catalog, or just choose our regular wood feet which include austere Zen wood blocks to plump bun and turned legs or a simple tapered or conical leg.
- Don’t like legs showing? Have a tailored skirt with box or kick pleats or a flowing cascading valance give an airy feel to your sofa.
- Piping, top-stitching, base-ball stitching or just plain seams will give that added edge to a pillow or an arm rest.
Our promise is that we will make your living room, family room, den or any other room in your house a lot more appealing by ordering one of our comfortable sofas, chairs or sectionals.